Our students are eager and motivated to make positive changes in their lives. Please give what you can to support their success.
When you give to PYB, your contribution benefits our students, their families, and our community. We rely on people just like you — through individual gifts, foundation grants, corporate sponsorship, service organizations, and public support — to help our students succeed. Whether you’re choosing to support a nonprofit for the first time or have experienced the joy of giving for many years, we welcome you and are deeply grateful for your support.
Invest in our students with your financial support
The simplest, easiest, and most effective way to support us and our students is with a financial donation, either as a one-time gift or through our monthly Sustained Giving program. Sustained Giving allows you to make your gift to PYB in regular monthly installments from your credit card. It’s easy, automatic, and can be changed at any time. Click here to join our Sustained Giving program or to make an online donation.
Checks may also be mailed to Portland YouthBuilders, 4816 SE 92nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266.
Donors like you helped our graduate Matt launch his new career.
Let’s make a difference in a
young person’s life
Sponsor, underwrite, or attend an event
We are an organization that values community, so naturally one of our favorite ways to raise money is by bringing our community together for a great cause. Click here to learn more about our upcoming events and how you can get involved.
In-kind gifts of goods and services
We are often in need of specific equipment, supplies, and services in our computer and construction training programs, and in the academic classroom. Can you provide a nutritious breakfast for our students one day a month? How about organizing a book drive for our school library? Have any used computer equipment for our computer refurbishing program? Contact us to find out what’s on our current wish list.
Other forms of giving
Interested in donating a vehicle, making a donation of stock, or including Portland YouthBuilders in your long-range estate planning? Please contact us to discuss these and other forms of giving.
How can I have an impact
For many of our students, PYB is the one place they can count on. Beyond our exceptional programs and services, we regularly help students with life’s essentials as needed, such as:
- emergency food
- housing and utilities
- child care
- basic hygiene and household supplies
Your gift can have a direct impact on our students.
- $50 makes it possible for 10 students to eat a healthy breakfast on school-wide testing days so they can focus on their test.
- $75 buys a monthly bus pass so a PYB college student can have reliable transportation between school and work.
- $100 provides school supplies for five students.
- $150 partially covers the GED testing fees for one student to complete high school and move on towards college, an apprenticeship, or additional training.
- $250 helps provide a student with a laptop, internet connection, and school supplies so they can participate in our digital classroom.
- $500 strengthens PYB’s vocational training programs, ensuring we are able to continue to prepare young people for careers in the trades.
- $1,000 helps bolster PYB’s student emergency relief fund to meet student basic needs such as housing, childcare and more so students can focus on their education and their future.
Volunteering at PYB
To inquire about volunteering please contact Natalie Whitlock at email@example.com. We have a limited number of volunteer opportunities available throughout the year. These include:
- hosting a jobsite visit or office tour for students
- hosting a student job shadow or internship
- being a guest speaker in the classroom
- conducting mock interviews with students
- tutoring in the classroom
- helping with our garden or landscaping
- hosting a fundraising event
- hosting a book drive or warm clothing drive
- serving on a construction, technology, or fundraising committee
- serving on our Advocacy Board
For all donation inquiries please contact Tonia Kovtunovich, Development Director, at 503-286-9350 ext 217 or by email at
Portland YouthBuilders a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Contributions to Portland YouthBuilders are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Tax ID # 94-3123483.